Friday, January 25, 2008

Prayers needed

I know that just about the only people that read this blog are in my immediate family, but I thought I'd post this anyway--just in case people from other families are reading this. My mom, who has been dealing with severe back pain and arthritis for years, also had terrible knee pain and was scheduled for surgery today. She was so excited to have the surgery done and get back to being able to walk again without as much pain. Yesterday she was told that her insurance wouldn't cover the procedure at the place it was scheduled so she had to reschedule the surgery at a different place. Now the surgery won't be until February 8th. This angers me to no end because I don't understand why the insurance (which she pays an arm and a leg for) would jerk her around like that. What difference does the location mean! If someone's knee is bad enough that it needs SURGERY shouldn't the insurance realize it's an emergency and get her in ASAP? I'm just sick about this and now she has to endure this pain for 2 more weeks! I'm writing this in the hopes that we can all pray for her to feel peace and be able to make it through these next two weeks. Anyone that knows my mom will testify that she is not a complainer and she doesn't like to admit when she's hurt. She cares so much about everybody else and I'm so sad to think of what she's going through. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and hopefully these two weeks will go by quickly for her.
Thank you!

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

Thank you Carly! We love you Mom!! Hang in there!

Heather

Michelle said...

One of the reasons I love blogging so much is because I feel more connected to everyone. I had no idea about your mom but we'll pray for her now! Love you Katie!