Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tagged!


My amazing cousin Michelle tagged me to come up with 7 things about myself that most people don't know. My sister Laurie did this too and both her answers and Michelle's were much cuter than anything I'd be able to come up with. So I'm going to state 7 things but then I'll make Levi come on here tonight and list 7 of his own things. I think his will be much more interesting.

Here goes:
  1. I have an insane, or inane--however you want to look at it, ability to memorize movies lines and I use movie lines throughout my every day conversations. My biggest pet peeve is when I say a well known (at least I think it's a well known quote) in a conversation and the person looks at me like I'm deranged. Then I spend a good 30 seconds explaining how what I just said came from a movie and blah blah blah. I HATE that!
  2. I think people falling down is one of the funniest things ever. Not in real life though, because then I just feel bad and embarrassed for them, but on Americas Funniest Home Videos or on youtube. Here's one of my favorite people-falling-down-compilations on AFV
  3. I talk to my mom & my sisters at least once EVERY single day. If I ever miss a day I feel like I missed out on so much. We're extremely close and I am so lucky to be close with them. Luckily Levi loves them all as much as I do and he just waits patiently for me while I yack on the phone with them.
  4. About twice a year I get a case of the 'church giggles' (laughing uncontrollably in an inappropriate place.) This usually happens in a public place and is embarrassing--not only because of my loud, obnoxious laugh, but because of the weird noises I emit when I'm trying not to laugh. The noises I make when I'm trying not to laugh are a combination of snorting, breathing heavy and weird low chuckling. I'd be creeped out and/or alarmed if I ever heard anybody else doing it. 
  5. When I was a kid I told my mom that I wanted to be a mailman when I grew up but that I'd have to get fat if I wanted to do that. My reasoning was that we had an overweight mail lady and I thought being rubenesque was a prerequisite.
  6. I can't sweep. At all. My mom likes to watch me try for entertainment purposes. It's like my hands go numb when I'm doing it and I end up looking like a 3 year old helping their mom do chores.
  7. If I'm counting something in my head I almost always get the Sesame Street song stuck in my head (the one with the pinball going through the machine as the song sings 'One Two Three Four Five--Six Seven Eight Nine Ten--Eleven Twelve.) 
  8. I am so lucky to have Levi's family in my life. They are so funny and caring and I couldn't have married into a better family. Levi's sister Sevy is moving to Sweden in just over 2 weeks to be a nanny for a sweet couple. His mom Maria lives in Texas and just became engaged on New Years Eve. Congrats Maria! I miss you and love you too!
I'll have Levi post 7 things tonight...I'm excited to see what his are!

Ok, here are Levi's 7 things:


7 Things no one knows about me Hmmmm....


1- I hate talking on the phone, seriously hate it. I think its because I'm on it all day.

If I never got a call I would have no problem with that.


2. The first time I prayed to God I was about 4yrs old and I was on the toilet trying to poop..."pleease god help me go caca" 


3. I Pray every day all day! When I'm bored I'll run through Hail Marys, Glory Be's, Our Fathers, and the Serenity prayer just for luck. All in my head but sometimes out loud, like when

 I'm driving.


4. I quote, in my head, my family motto, all day when I'm not praying...."I'm a Gates, everything always works out for me!"


5. I too love watching people fall, a guy I work with, falls do

wn at least once a week, and I always laugh at him, then I come home and tell Carly all about it! I'll even re-enact it for her.


6. I love people watching, I could sit for hours completely silent, watching people talk, sometimes Carly will ask me if something bothers me cuz I'm so quiet, but I'm just watching the p

eople.


7. I love road riding a little more than mtn biking, I just can't wear those lame outfits. Plus I don't want to get hit by a car!  My favorite bike ride was last St. Pattys. Day when Heather

 and Zane and Carly  and I rode our Cruisers to dinner! Cant wait till this year!

Ok, this picture doesn't have anything to do with the blog, I just like it :) Look how cute Louie looks next to Levi!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are very cute and creative:-) I hate explaining movie lines too! Takes all of the fun out of it..Miss you

Heather C. said...

I totally remember you saying you wanted to be a fat mail lady--that was not too long after you said you wanted to be a stop sign when you grew up!! You were sooooo cute!!

Michelle said...

You've always been creative. I don't know what you're talking about. Explaining movie lines is like explaining the punch line of a joke. And a random memory about the mail lady...do you remember walking from my house to the Palisade house pretending we were delivering mail and being spies?

PS I, like Levi, hate talking on the phone.

Nora Mair said...

Okay I just found your blog though comments on Michelle's. I love your cats and your kitchen curtains are something to behold. When's Heather going to start a blog? Your job sounds fun--I always slip into B&N for a breather--I hardly ever buy anything though--Not your ideal customer.

Nora Mair said...

Okay I just found your blog though comments on Michelle's. I love your cats and your kitchen curtains are something to behold. When's Heather going to start a blog? Your job sounds fun--I always slip into B&N for a breather--I hardly ever buy anything though--Not your ideal customer.