Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Movies, Movies, Movies!

The Ultimate Movie survey
Here we go....
What movie have you watched the most time?:Probably What's Up Doc. It's a staple in my family and if you haven't seen it you need to add it to your Netflix right now!
What is the first DVD youve owned?:I bought my mom It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World when we first got our DVD player.
What is the first movie you saw in theaters which you remember clearly?:Not sure about the first movie, but the last movie I saw was Cloverfield. So freakin' scary!!
Genres
What is youre favorite comedy?:That's like asking someone to name their favorite kid. I guess I'd say What's Up Doc? or Shaun of the Dead
What is the scariest movie of all time?:In jr. high we used to watch The Changeling. That was insanely creepy. The 1st time I saw Signs I was pretty creeped out. Good thing I got to gaze at Joaquin!
What is the best thriller?:The Departed, or any Scorsese for that matter. Oh, and The Prestige.
What is the ultimate action movie?:Any of the Bourne Identity movies. Heather & I TOTALLY missed our chance at meeting Matt Damon :( Oh, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith
What is your favorite adventure movie?:I'm not sure if this is adventure, but I loved L.A. Confidential & I also loved Gladiator
What is your favorite fantasy movie?:I'll admit that I cried like a baby in the Lord of the Rings movies.
What is your favorite Sci-Fi movie?:Not much of a Sci-Fi fan so I guess I'm gonna say Star Wars.
What is the most historically significant movie in film history?: I'd have to say The Godfather. It changes the way you watch movies. Such a timeless classic!
Themes
What is the most romatic movie?:Toss up between Amelie and Chocolot. Mmmm, dreamy Johnny Depp.
What is the best movie about friendship?:Probably Swingers. "Vegas baby!"
What is the best movie about sacrifice?:Well, it's a humorous look at it, but I thought Little Miss Sunshine was about setting aside bad feelings & selfishness. Also, In America has a great message about sacrificing for family.
What is the best movie about war?:Toss up between Saving Private Ryan or Apocalypse Now
Which movie is the biggest in terms of epic scale?:Gone with the Wind. For it's time period it was pretty darn epic.
What is the best coming of age movie?:Sixteen Candles! I didn't even have to think about that one!
Scenes
What is the best action scene?:Any of the fight scenes in the Bourne movies. I always hold my breath during them. I don't know why.
What is the best sex scene?:N/A. Awkward! However, I think the best kiss was in The Whole Wide World
What is the funniest comedic scene?:Probably the car chase scene in What's Up Doc? Never ceases to be funny.
Decades
What is the best film of the
30s?:


The Wizard of Oz
40s?:Casablanca
50s?:East of Eden or On the Waterfront. Young Marlon Brando was hot!
60s?:3 way tie: West Side Story, To Kill a Mockingbird, Breakfast at Tiffanys
70?:The Godfather. Hands down.
80s?:I think I'm gonna have to go with Sixteen Candles. "Did she come here with you?" "No, but if it's ok with my dad, she's going home with me." Classic!
90s?:Definitely one of my faves is A League of Their Own. "By the way, I loved you in the Wizard of Oz." Ha Ha!!
Since 2000?: I can't name my most recent favorite movie because I need more time to stew & make sure it's really my favorite.
Sorry forgot one in scenes. what is the best battle scene?:Oh man, I guess any of the battle scenes in L.O.T.R. or Gladiator
Charactors?
Who is the best movie hero?:Duh, Jason Bourne!
Who is the best movie villian?:Dr. Evil. Ha!
Who is the best movie charactor in terms of complexity?:That's a good question...I suppose Christian Bale's character in The Prestige or Leonardo DiCaprio's in The Departed
And finally
What is the best movie of all time?:Everybody knows you can't answer that question. You can never pick just ONE movie. Sheesh!
Take this survey | Find more surveys
Bzoink - The Original Survey Site

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

I remember you being scared out of your WITS after you saw The Blair Witch Project.

I think the best fight scene in any movie is in Raising Arizona when H.I. and Gale were fighting in the trailer--I'll never forget the first time I saw it and I laughed so hard I cried when he scraped his knuckles across the foam board ceiling!

I whole-heartedly agree with you that film's best kiss is between Bob and Novalyne in the Whole Wide World. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Does Jason Bourne already have too many mentions because that haircutting kiss is not bad...
and don't forget the line 'No he's not retarded!' :-)