Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On with the show

I'm forcing myself to live a life outside of fertility treatments, and this includes blogging about things OTHER than my crummy uterus :)

That said....
We had a very nice visit from my mom this week. Heather and Zane were able to get away to Seattle for the weekend and my mom came up to watch their kids. What a great time we all had! It was a bit like Pleasure Island from Pinocchio. The kids got to make volcanos, drink soda, make s'mores, stay in their pajamas for the better part of the day and since Wilson got to play his Star Wars Lego Wii game for a while, Eliza go to watch several episodes of Night Court with Grandma and me. Yes, Night Court is still one of the funniest tv shows out there and it was great to see Eliza giggling to it. Some things will always be funny. It was a great visit and the sun even made an appearance for part of it!
Here's some pics from the visit:
Mom and Wilson and his volcano.


Wilson vs. The Volcano


My mom is such a babe!


Eliza and Mom chillaxing.


Mom and Wilson getting his s'more ready. Isn't Heather's backyard amazing! I love her sign post in the background.


Eliza gives her smore a vote of approval.




In other (non)news, we've been on such a strict budget lately but I decided to splurge a little and bought a new perfume (the small bottles are actually quite affordable!) If you didn't already know, Sephora gives out free samples of any of their perfumes. And not just the little piece of paper with the perfume sprayed on it, either. They actually give you a small vial that has a spritzer top so you can sample what it smells like on your body. This is so great! I never know if I'll really like something unless I wear it to work. If it bothers me while I'm working, it's not a good fit.
Originally I was interested in Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf, but after taking the sample home I realized that it's too fancy and a bit too musky for my taste. I do, however, absolutely love the bottle it comes in. Probably why it's so expensive.

So after sampling different kinds, I finally chose the new perfume by Michael Kors called Very Hollywood. I love the bottle design of this one too!

It smells mostly of gardenias but with a hint of citrus (at least, that's what I think it is.) Either way, it's a lovely scent. I bought the small bottle since I usually get tired of a scent before I'm done with the bottle, not to mention what a huge price difference the small bottle is from the large bottle. I think it's a winner, but we'll see :)
After perfume shopping, we wandered over to Sears and Levi found the jumpsuits. For those of you who don't know, Levi wants nothing more than to get old and fat and wear jumpsuits while touring the country in a Winnebago. I let him indulge his fantasy and he tried on a jumpsuit in the 'medium' size. Turns out, he's not a medium anymore!


I was laughing so hard when I was taking this picture, I'm surprised it turned out at all-- I was shaking and had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Levi's always up for a good time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing that! brought tears to my eyes too!

Heather C. said...

You know you're in love when you can look at this picture of Levi with affection! :)

Thanks for entertaining my kids! They had a blast, as is documented here.

grandma K said...

I love getting samples at Sephora. Eliza liked the flower bomb the best too. She was spritzing it on at home. You and Levi are such good sports and so much fun. Love the Jumpsuit!