Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Positive note.

Yesterday I had a lot of fun things going on, they were just temporarily overshadowed by the call from the doctor.
Anyway, let's talk about the fun stuff. Who says Idaho doesn't have beaches??

Sandy Point Beach is about eight minutes from my house and is fabulous! The beach is a section of Lucky Peak Reservoir that has been made into a park area. There's a big park with tons of benches, bbqs and sand volleyball courts. Down from there is the beach and the water. It's totally fun and only $5 a car to get in! I can't believe this is my seventh Boise summer without ever visiting there. I think it's a great place for a family reunion. Waddya say Jennings' siblings??
Eliza, Wilson, Wilson's friend Dane and I had a great time, though my back is as red as a lobster. First burn of the year, can't complain too much.




Sunday was Levi's sister Sevy's birthday. We went over to my father-in-laws and had cake and ice cream and chatted for a while. Last night we had her birthday dinner at Famous Dave's in Meridian. That restaurant seriously has some of the best BBQ I've tasted! I'm always happy when someone has a birthday because there's a small chance we'll eat there. Yumm!


After dinner, we came home to this little surprise on our porch:

Heather and the kids bought me these plants! How cool is that? I can't wait to plant them in front of our kitchen window. They'll look great! Also, Levi and I bought a couple of adirondack chairs for our front yard (50% off at Shopko!) and we can't wait to use them this summer.

Also, Scott and his girls are coming up tomorrow to spend some time in Boise! I really wish I didn't work all the days they're here, but that's life I guess. Can't wait to see you guys!

Even though I got some bad news yesterday, it was still a great day filled with family. You can't beat that!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I Love the color of your house! Did you guys paint it that color?

grandma K said...

I told you it was a great color!!!