Friday, June 4, 2010

Things I love.


This past weekend, my mom, Eliza and I were reading through the "All About Me" book I made my mom fill out and give to me a couple of years ago. I love that book because I've learned so many things about my mom that I never would have known otherwise. I think I'll make her do another one in the next couple of years.
Anyway, there's a section in the book that has you list, randomly, things that make you happy. I figured it was about time I did that too. So here we go:

• Taking baths and getting most of my reading done whilst soaking in the tub.
• The typewriter application on my computer that makes my typing sound like an old-timey typewriter. When I hit enter it makes the 'ding' and the sound of the typewriter rolling back to start a new line. Too funny!
• The internet: too many funny pages linked to icanhascheezburger.com. (Not to mention the genius of gofugyourself.com-The best site for catty commentary on ugly celebrity style.)
• A new bottle of Mountain Dew. Nothing beats the first sip, which leads me to chase that initial high. Where is Intervention when you need them?
• The way my kitty Louie cuddles up to me. He's the best cat in the world. (Notice I didn't mention Oliver on here, who has been a very naughty cat, as of late.)
• Discovering a great new book. There are certain books that I consider milestone books, books that, after reading them for the first time, change your outlook. I count The Book Thief, Suite Française, Catcher in the Rye and Atonement in that category.
• Knowing I have a day off coming up. Even though I love my job, the anticipation of a day off is still one of the most exciting things in the world, just like Friday afternoon was for all of us when we were growing up.
• Hearing "Dirty Water" play after the Red Sox win. Ba duh duh duh, dum dum dum.
• The anticipation of going to Redfish Lake this summer. Last year, it was just Levi, my mom and me that went and we did nothing but read at the beach, eat, and nap. I think I took a total of 100 steps the entire time we were there.
• Making bookmarks. I have new paper coming and I can't wait to get started! I need a name for my bookmarking "business". I want something literary, but not too obscure. Let me know if you have ANY ideas.
• Being productive in my spare time. Unfortunately this happens infrequently, which reminds me that I should do something a little more important today, since it's my last day off before the end of next week.

That's all for now! I need to shower and get some stuff done before my hair appointment this afternoon :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

That's such a good idea! Where did you get that book?
Barnes and Noble possibly? ;)
p.s. I LOVE gofugyourself!

Heather C. said...

I thought of another place you could peddle your (bookmark) goods--the mailbox place next to Boise Fry Company. It closed a while ago but just opened with a new owner and she has the place all decked out and cutesy with lots of cards and whatnot. I bet you could take in one of the cans we talked about.

Heather C. said...

I have to add that I love poorlydressed.com from the lolcat site. Whoever does the commentary on those is a comedic genius. I laugh more at those than the actual pictures, I think.