Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life is good.

I went back to work last Monday and so far it hasn't been too bad. I only cried a little bit on my drive into work that first day. I miss Hadley to death but it is such a treat when I get to see her after work. If I work a mid or a closing shift, I wake up and get ready early so I have as much time to spend with Hadders before I go to work. I also have my "brag book" of Hadley's photos that I look through a hundred times a day. It also helps Hadley is getting the best care possible. My mom is such an amazing babysitter and I am so lucky to have her. Love you Mom!
Returning to work has been a little costly because I've had to buy a bunch of work clothes (guess my plan to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes didn't work out so great), plus gas being nearly $4.00 a gallon doesn't help when I have to drive there and back every day. All of those costs aren't very fun, but something that is fun is shopping for books again. (I have become VERY good at not buying stuff I don't need, but books will always be a big temptation for me.) I was quite proud of myself that I didn't buy anything for the first couple of days, but I had a $50 B&N gift card burning a hole in my pocket and I knew I was done for when I saw these beauties:


They are new B&N leatherbound classics. I have every one of those books in a crappy paperback format, but I couldn't resist the gorgeousness of these editions. I only had to pay a little bit out-of-pocket, so I think it was a great deal. I'm hoping that Hadley will be interested in them one day. I hope they release a Sherlock Holmes edition someday. Levi loves all of the Sherlock stories, so for Christmas I bought him a children's collection of Sherlock tales that he can read to Hadley. I can't guarantee that she'll be interested in books when she's older, but I'll do everything in my power to try!

The best part of this week was when my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Curt came up for a visit. I haven't seen them since my baby shower last February and I was dying to see them. Bonnie was anxious to meet Hadley and they've become best little friends this weekend. Today we all went to the Saturday morning market and got to watch Eliza perform with her Irish dance group. I'm always amazed at what that little girl can make her feet do! We are so proud of you, Eliza!
Bonnie and Hadley. Love Bonnie's shirt!

Bonnie & Curt

Eliza and her dance group. It was awesome!

Three of my most favorite women!

There is nothing better than Boise on a warm day!


Today Levi and I also got to go on a little hike with Hadley. We went up Camel's Back and got to take in some beautiful views of the city, as well as all the gorgeous wild flowers in bloom right now. On one side of us is a view of the city and trees of Boise and the other side is totally rugged and gorgeous, with flowers and brush going all the way up the foothills. I love how urban life and nature can be so intertwined in Boise. It's really quite incredible.
I can't wait until next weekend when Laurie and the kids come up for a visit. We've missed her so much and it will be great to see them again!

No comments: