Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011

What a fun weekend we had with Hadley!
Friday was the Royal Wedding and Levi was up early with Hadley and narrated it for her. It's funny to think that her knowledge of the royal family will always include William and Catherine, she won't know what it was like watching those two princes grow up. Queen Elizabeth has been around so long and for so many different generations it will be weird to see someone else in the role, although she looked awful healthy at the wedding and I don't think she has any plans to give up the throne any time soon!

On Saturday we went to the farmer's market and got some yummy kettle corn and mini-donuts. Hadley slept peacefully in her stroller for most of the time and allowed Levi and me a chance to take our time wandering around downtown.
On Sunday the weather was great and we took advantage by taking Hadley on a hike in the Boise foothills. Boise has tons of great trails for hiking and biking and it is just one more reason I think Boise is the best place to live. Levi can't wait to get Hadley going on a little bike and will hopefully have her racing up the trails in no time. Hadley's cousin Wilson is amazing on a mountain bike and can keep up with adults as he shoots up the hills. Go Wilson!


Hadley loves going for rides and can fall asleep almost instantly, as long as the car is moving.


Sunday night was interesting as we were sitting together as a family it was announced by President Obama that Osama bin Laden was dead. What an incredible thing to hear. We can only hope that his death will help bring an end to the wars and our brave troops can start coming home. I don't want these wars to still be going on when Hadley goes to school. I'd like her to know a time of peace, like I did when I was growing up. We can only hope!
Well I'm off to give Hadley a (prunce juice-spiked) bottle. She's had tummy issues and our nurse recommended we try the juice to get things moving, as it were. I'll update soon!

No comments: