Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17, 2011


I survived my first week back to work! Hadley has a sweet babysitting setup, with Grandma Katie watching her on days that both Levi and I work, averaging around 18-24 hours a week. It is so comforting to know that they're having fun at home while I'm at work, and I don't have to worry about her. I miss her to death and I still call home at least a couple of times a day, but overall I think we're going to be just fine :)
Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Curt came to Boise this last weekend and Hadley spent lots of time being cuddled by everyone. We are so excited to go down to Utah in July for Hadley's blessing. I can't wait for her to meet all of the Allen family at the family reunion that weekend. It's going to be great! I'm also hoping to get her first visit to Hogle Zoo in that weekend too. I know she won't remember it, but there is something magical about that place. Zoo Boise is a nice zoo for being smack dab in the middle of the city (you can literally see the giraffes' heads poking above the fences when you ride your bike down the Greenbelt), but it's nothing in comparison to the beautiful Hogle Zoo.
This upcoming weekend Laurie and her girls are coming up for a visit and I cannot wait for Hadley to meet her cousins! She knows Eliza and Wilson very well, and will know Eliza even more this summer, as we plan on using Eliza as our babysitter when we want to get out of the house for an hour or two. Let's hope for warm weather during Laurie's visit so Hadley can get some sunshine!
Aunt Bonnie and Hadley at the Saturday Market.

Hadley has started cooing a little bit, but still refuses to smile at me. She looks so serious and always looks like she's contemplating something very heavy, with her eyebrows knit together and her downturned mouth remaining closed. It's so cute, but I can't wait for the first time she looks at Levi and me and smiles.
Very serious business.

We set up her little play mat and so far she has loved it. It's brightly colored and has hanging toys and she loves laying there and looking back and forth between the toys. She usually has the aforementioned serious look on her face while she does this, studying each toy very intently.
Hadley's two month check up is in a couple of days, which means it's time for her immunization. Poor little girl, I sure wish she didn't have to go through that but it's so important for her to be healthy. After the immunization, if she's feeling up for it, we'll have our New Moms group. I love meeting with this group and have learned a lot from the other mothers. The babies in the group range from six weeks to nine months and it's fun to see how different they look at different ages. I have to say that Hadley is by far the cutest baby in the group! The classes have been on everything from babies' sight (they love bold black and white prints) to baby massage (did you know you can rub and upside down "U" on your child's belly to help them poop?) Some of the babies are quite fussy, and I always realize how lucky I am that Hadley is so content. She just sits with me during the class, holding my finger and eventually falling asleep. I love that little girl!!

Hadley on her playmat.

No comments: